Number 1: The Blog
The year before I turned 40, I watched the movie "The Bucket List." The movie inspired me to try something I had never done. I decided to create a "40 Bucket List." Essentially things to do before I turned 40. The list was short. Learn to snowboard and run a half marathon. With very little time left, I accomplished both my goals.
In the 10 years leading up to my 50th birthday, I hadn't managed to figure out what should be my next accomplishment. I tossed around several ideas, including running a full marathon. Unfortunately, but not surprisingly, my body has more aches and pains than it did when I was turning 40, and as a result, I am not so sure that is such a good idea anymore.
So what do you do when you are stumped for ideas? Naturally search the net. And so I found the idea of doing 50 things before I turn 50. I have started a list, but have also decided to ask for suggestions from family, friends and even strangers. But there are some guidelines. The activities need to be things I have never done before, haven't done in a long time, and/or scare me. I would also like them to be free or inexpensive.
I have 11 months left to cross 50 things off my list. Btw, learning to blog is on the list!
In the 10 years leading up to my 50th birthday, I hadn't managed to figure out what should be my next accomplishment. I tossed around several ideas, including running a full marathon. Unfortunately, but not surprisingly, my body has more aches and pains than it did when I was turning 40, and as a result, I am not so sure that is such a good idea anymore.
So what do you do when you are stumped for ideas? Naturally search the net. And so I found the idea of doing 50 things before I turn 50. I have started a list, but have also decided to ask for suggestions from family, friends and even strangers. But there are some guidelines. The activities need to be things I have never done before, haven't done in a long time, and/or scare me. I would also like them to be free or inexpensive.
I have 11 months left to cross 50 things off my list. Btw, learning to blog is on the list!
November 26, 2019
It is one year since I started this adventure. I have had a lot of fun trying out new things this year in spite of the fact that I still have a few things to finish up. I look forward to this coming year to finishing up and continue adding some new adventures to my list.


Comments
Post a Comment