Number 16: Try-a-tri
August 11, 2019
It appears as though I may need to accept the fact that I will only be able to have accomplished the training for this event. I have come to realize that my finger may not be healed enough to brake well enough on the bike before the summer is out. By the time I am ready, the weather will have turned and the lake may be too cold to swim in. It makes me sad, but I know I trained hard and I will continue to do so throughout the year and compete in next year's event.
I have attached the link for results of the event. Very proud of my friend Shannon for kicking butt!
http://www.sudburyrocks.ca/Results%202019/08-04-2019%20Xterra%20Results2.htm
August 4, 2019
Today was the Xterra Conquer the Crater Triathlon at Kivi Park. I am very sad to say, inspite of all of my training, I was unable to participate in the event today. Thursday evening I lacerated my finger. I required four stitches and have been told to keep the finger dry for seven days. I am so disappointed! I have decided to do a redo of the triathlon later in August when my finger is healed enough. Although it won't be an official triathlon, I will count the redo towards my 50 Things to do Before I turn 50. The lesson I learned from this is to avoid cleaning before a big event. I sliced my finger while cleaning the filter on my rangehood. It's made with surgical stainless steel, and man is it sharp! I will update again later in August when I have completed my personal tri!
This was a suggestion given by two friends, both avid athletes (Wes and Larry). To try a triathlon. As it turns out, I have bypassed the try-a-tri and have gone directly to the next level, a short triathlon. The event looks super fun. Xterra's Conquer the Crater, a 100% charitable destination event. It takes place August 4th at Kivi Park. I have started training. First spin class was last Sunday (March 23) at Goodlife. I really didn't love it and, if I am being honest, I really didn't try as hard as I could have. First swim took place on Tuesday, March 26. I managed 40 lengths of the Gatchell pool, with only a few stops. Friend Kathy encouraged me to sign up for a bootcamp, with began on Wednesday, March 27 and will last 18 weeks. This should be a good kickstart to my training. I have also managed to convince a few people to join me in this fun adventure. Anyone else want in?????
It appears as though I may need to accept the fact that I will only be able to have accomplished the training for this event. I have come to realize that my finger may not be healed enough to brake well enough on the bike before the summer is out. By the time I am ready, the weather will have turned and the lake may be too cold to swim in. It makes me sad, but I know I trained hard and I will continue to do so throughout the year and compete in next year's event.
I have attached the link for results of the event. Very proud of my friend Shannon for kicking butt!
http://www.sudburyrocks.ca/Results%202019/08-04-2019%20Xterra%20Results2.htm
August 4, 2019
Today was the Xterra Conquer the Crater Triathlon at Kivi Park. I am very sad to say, inspite of all of my training, I was unable to participate in the event today. Thursday evening I lacerated my finger. I required four stitches and have been told to keep the finger dry for seven days. I am so disappointed! I have decided to do a redo of the triathlon later in August when my finger is healed enough. Although it won't be an official triathlon, I will count the redo towards my 50 Things to do Before I turn 50. The lesson I learned from this is to avoid cleaning before a big event. I sliced my finger while cleaning the filter on my rangehood. It's made with surgical stainless steel, and man is it sharp! I will update again later in August when I have completed my personal tri!
This was a suggestion given by two friends, both avid athletes (Wes and Larry). To try a triathlon. As it turns out, I have bypassed the try-a-tri and have gone directly to the next level, a short triathlon. The event looks super fun. Xterra's Conquer the Crater, a 100% charitable destination event. It takes place August 4th at Kivi Park. I have started training. First spin class was last Sunday (March 23) at Goodlife. I really didn't love it and, if I am being honest, I really didn't try as hard as I could have. First swim took place on Tuesday, March 26. I managed 40 lengths of the Gatchell pool, with only a few stops. Friend Kathy encouraged me to sign up for a bootcamp, with began on Wednesday, March 27 and will last 18 weeks. This should be a good kickstart to my training. I have also managed to convince a few people to join me in this fun adventure. Anyone else want in?????



Comments
Post a Comment