Number 34: Buy a new bike
June 8, 2019
It may seem really silly, but I am super excited about this one. This purchase came to pass as a result of my entry into the short triathlon. As my training has ramped up, I realized I needed to ride an actual mountain bike on the trails, not my dad's hybrid (as much as I like that bike). My option was a very old mountain bike I inherited from my brother. I don't doubt that this bike is over 30 years old. I spent some time considering getting this one looked at before I decided maybe it was time to buy a new bike. So off to see the fabulous people at The Outside Store. They were very helpful in assisting me in choosing my new bike.
What I need to make clear is that while I have always owned a bike, I have never actually purchased a bike for myself. I have been very fortunate that my parents have continued to upgrade their bikes and give me their hand-me-downs.
At this time, taking a page out of Ashleigh's book of naming her bike, I would like to introduce you to Twanda. Just feels like the type of name that will push me to make it up those brutal trails at Kivi Park come August. TWANDA!!!!!!!
June 23, 2019
Another first.... went riding with Chris and Larry at Naughton Trails. I flipped straight over my handle bars and banged myself up pretty well. It must have been a sight!
It may seem really silly, but I am super excited about this one. This purchase came to pass as a result of my entry into the short triathlon. As my training has ramped up, I realized I needed to ride an actual mountain bike on the trails, not my dad's hybrid (as much as I like that bike). My option was a very old mountain bike I inherited from my brother. I don't doubt that this bike is over 30 years old. I spent some time considering getting this one looked at before I decided maybe it was time to buy a new bike. So off to see the fabulous people at The Outside Store. They were very helpful in assisting me in choosing my new bike.
What I need to make clear is that while I have always owned a bike, I have never actually purchased a bike for myself. I have been very fortunate that my parents have continued to upgrade their bikes and give me their hand-me-downs.
At this time, taking a page out of Ashleigh's book of naming her bike, I would like to introduce you to Twanda. Just feels like the type of name that will push me to make it up those brutal trails at Kivi Park come August. TWANDA!!!!!!!
June 23, 2019
Another first.... went riding with Chris and Larry at Naughton Trails. I flipped straight over my handle bars and banged myself up pretty well. It must have been a sight!

Comments
Post a Comment