Number 37: Beaton Classic
August 11, 2019
Today was a little redemption for last week's missed triathlon. Shannon Boland, Larry Dahmer, Chris Polowski and I teamed up to complete the 35th annual Beaton Classic. This event combines swimming, biking, canoeing and running. Our team finished with a time of 2 hours and 42 minutes.
I swam the 1K swim in approximately 29 minutes. I had some challenges... not being able to swim in a straight line was the worst of them. I probably added a few 100 meters due to my poor direction. I also had the added challenge of having to run over 500m to tag my biking partner, Shannon. Moonlight Beach was closed due to bacteria in the water, so the swimming event was moved to Camp Sudaca.
It was an absolutely glorious day. The weather was stunning. So thrilled to have been able to do this event with these four fabulous people. Looking forward to the next event.
Today was a little redemption for last week's missed triathlon. Shannon Boland, Larry Dahmer, Chris Polowski and I teamed up to complete the 35th annual Beaton Classic. This event combines swimming, biking, canoeing and running. Our team finished with a time of 2 hours and 42 minutes.
I swam the 1K swim in approximately 29 minutes. I had some challenges... not being able to swim in a straight line was the worst of them. I probably added a few 100 meters due to my poor direction. I also had the added challenge of having to run over 500m to tag my biking partner, Shannon. Moonlight Beach was closed due to bacteria in the water, so the swimming event was moved to Camp Sudaca.
It was an absolutely glorious day. The weather was stunning. So thrilled to have been able to do this event with these four fabulous people. Looking forward to the next event.

Comments
Post a Comment